Monday, February 8, 2016

I do not believe in love

I do not believe in "love." I only believe in cruelty, kindness, and sex.

I do not believe in "cheating." I only believe in sharing, hoarding, and rationing.

I do not believe in "true love." I only believe in fatal attachment, impassioned suffering, and confusion.

I do not believe in the "sanctity of marriage." I only believe in government contracts and social control.

I do not believe in "sluts." I only believe in the bitter envy of caged birds.

I do not believe in "sex." I only believe in the thrill of intimacy and the ecstasy of power.

I do not believe in "friend-zoning." I only believe in lies that hide fear and shame.

I do not believe in "Valentine's Day." I only believe in social programming that feeds the economy.

I do not believe in "nice dates." I only believe in demonstrations of social status through conspicuous consumption.

I do not believe in "friendship." I only believe in love.

---

In college I stopped loving Jesus. Jesus became an obstacle between me and my true self, so I pushed him out of the way, made my way to the edge of the cliff of despair (High Horse Cliff), and jumped, hoping I would land somewhere on the soft, grassy knoll between Daoism, Humanism, and Nihilism---a space I, for lack of a better name, like to call Davidism.

(Read more about Davidism here.)

(Or here.)

(Or.... here.)

2 comments: